View Single Post
Evil ROMhacker
Jomb is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 05:32 AM       
Jediscum - dialup? I feel sorry for you. It's been awhile and I almost forgot what its like. The quality of the video is low. I cant figure out how big the file actually is, but I was able to completely download the whole 45 minute show in 6 or 7 minutes. My connection is probably no more than 10 times faster than yours, if that.
Speaking of GG Allin and The Ramones, I read that Dee Dee Ramone was in a band with GG Allin. I have'nt heard the music yet though. Someday I'll get around to tracking it down. Apparently GG was in a band that featured J Mascis, Wayne Kramer, and Gerard Cosley at one time. All I can say to that is WTF!?!

I actually hate the radio. I went so far as to surgically remove the radio from my car once so that my ex-GF could'nt torment me with it while we were driving places. Snipped the wires to the antenna and told her it was on the fritz. Almost every radio station I've ever listened to was pure unadulterated garbage. The only exception was one time when I was living in the midwest, I came across a public radio station that used to have a couple really kick ass shows they'd play late at night. One had all the great old-school punk, I even discovered some really great stuff I had overlooked somehow all these years. I believe the show was called Scene Of The Crime for anyone out there who happens to be near St Louis.

Though I dont listen to metal hardly at all anymore, I have recently got into a metal band. The band is called Faxed Head. Their music was very original and does'nt quite sound like most metal. They also had a very interesting back story. Apparently they were high school kids who were into death metal and had a death metal band, and everyone in their small town made fun of them over it. So they signed a suicide pact and went out in the corn field with shotguns. But they survived the attempted suicide and are now hideously deformed. The singer is in a wheelchair, and they all wear masks to hide their deformities. The music is actually strong enough to not become gimmicky even with that back story!