Thread: Hitler / Bush
View Single Post
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 01:01 PM       
Helm, I understand and appreciate what you have to say, and I recognize that there are many different contributing factors to Hitler's rise and the start of World War II. Believe me, I know he wasn't so simplistic in his goals as Cobra Commander, but for the sake of ease, I decided to use the term "evil" without defining it. Which is also why I said "I believe" he was evil, not that he was (since I didn't define evil). And I do believe that he was evil, all extraneous circumstances aside. I believe in a good/evil morality, but I also do not think that everything is clean cut and in black and white terms. I see two extremes and then a WHOLE lot of muddled grey area in between, where categorization becomes difficult if not impossible. And in my opinion, Hitler was definitely on the extreme evil end of the spectrum.

Anyway, I had a feeling somebody might call me on that post, and while I'm more than willing to open up a discussion about the nature of good and evil, I don't think this thread is the place to do it.