View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 05:25 PM       
Long post is looooong:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I just don't think Nintendo is the fucking be-all-end-all of video games that people say the are. But neither is Microsoft nor Sony. Fan-boys disgust me more than anything else, more than rapists.
Delicious hyperbole, or whacked out priorities?

Quote:
My whole family does not want to play Wii Fit.
Great. That's relevant to my point (that Nintendo has other games besides the popular ones.)

Quote:
EBA isn't getting a sequal, Nintendogs is shit, Mother isn't going to come to America any time soon. Custom Robo is okay, but I played it before when it was called Virtual-On. Great game. I like Pikmin a lot. After the first Golden Sun, I kinda got bored of the second. Fantastic game that really pushes the GBA, though. I like Professor Layton.
I never said they were good or anything. I said they're not whored out franchises. Oi vey. As a side note, Custom Robo and Virtual-On are quite different. That's like comparing a hamburger with a hot dog; sure they're both processes meat between bread, but they're different. Also, Professor Layton is 3rd Party.

Quote:
I'm telling you, WiiWare can bring me back.
So you praise a copycat XBLA? I mean, I suck Nintycock, but even I know it's probably going to pale in comparison to what's already been offered for quite some time. Putting faith in WiiWare to be some sort of messiah is like putting faith in SEGA to make a good Sonic game. There might be a tiny glimmer of hope, but don't count on it. (inb4 Sonic debate).

Quote:
By the by, No More Heroes is published by Ubisoft.
By the way, what does that have to do with Nintendo franchises?

Also, Chojin hit the nail on the head about everything. Everyone franchise-rapes (Capcom, MOTHERFUCKING EA, Rockstar, SEGA, SquareEnix, etc.) At Nintendo's broadening the demographic so that not all gamers are associated with the same trash we see running their mouths on XBox Live.

EDIT: Well here's an article posted today that's of interest to the discussion.