View Single Post
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2003, 09:14 PM       
ROTTEN FRUIT BELOW

I realize everyone has their own personal taste, and some people just aren't going to like this movie.

But I have to question the comprehension of anyone who said the story was "boring" or that there in fact WAS no story at all. To anyone who said these things...I feel that the story was probably beyond your grasp. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable with movie that contains more tits and random explosions. Might I recommend "2 Fast 2 Furious"?

For my money, the second Matrix movie really added so many levels of complexity to the initial story. Like Rez said, it really trivializes so much of the first movie and shows you that the One isn't all that he appeared to be. He's just another cog in the system, albeit an important one.

Granted, any of us can only comprehend the story but so much at this point, given the fact that we're dealing with limited information that leads to several possible avenues of speculation. We'll have to wait and see how things turn out in the third movie, but so far they've done a fantastic job of upping the ante and throwing our perceptions further askew with each new chapter of the story. I have no doubt that some serious revelations await us in the final installment that will yet again change the way we view what came before.

Boring? Hardly.

Intriguing? Complex? Fascinating? Unexpected? You betcha.