View Single Post

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 12:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
And to all of you who are saying we're reading too much into this or thinking too much about what is essentially an action movie, well, poo poo to you, I say! This is exactly what a good movie, no, a good STORY is supposed to do. Get the audience thinking and discussing ideas. Pure entertainment is fun too, a little fluff here and there is good for everyone. But movies like this, while entertaining, transcend that "pure entertainment" category and are actually WORTH discussing the meaning of and message behind. I'm not saying that these are the deepest films ever made. But they're deep enough to get a good discussion going. They are worthy.
Bah. Having a story full of vague philosophical implications and making your own fun by filling in the missing parts of the story like some 138-minute session of Mad Libs isn't my idea of a good story.

All I'm saying is this: I liked Agent Smith, and that's about it. I didn't really like the albino twins, the kung fu program that "only knows someone after he fights them," or the Antediluvian... Meridian... Whatever the hell the evil Frenchman was called.

I don't know; maybe I'm just angry because for me, Keanu will never be any more than just Ted Theodore Logan, or because Enter the Matrix was bland and uninspired. Whatever the case, all I saw was a neat action movie that a lot of people are reading too much into.