View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 08:36 AM       
I had some sort of bizarro dream that played like a sci-fi movie.

I was part of a group of people going to elementary school. I walked along the sidewalk in a sunny suburban area and met a man who was rolling out big mats of red mulch in his yard. Sometimes they'd be shaped like barrels and he'd flip them and they'd go flat like carpet, others were discs he'd toss.

Anyway, I told him I hated mulch because it had spiders and scorpions in it, and he agreed. Somehow a small red spider got out of the mulch and bit the inside of my lower lip, and I looked down and there was a creature that was either a scorpion or a baby chameleon, I couldn't tell. I hurried on.

A girl I'd known in jr high in real life passed me in a small silver sportscar. She was driving really fast and almost looked like a nuisance, but then the man in the yard called out that her car was remarkable because it made absolutely no noise or vibration. And I realized it was true.

So I got to school and I can't remember anything that happened there, other than going into the bathrooms and there being 1970s India hygiene posters all over and the walls looking like a bombed-out building.

Suddenly there was some sort of panic, some sort of disaster, and all of the kids are running to the school buses to be evacuated. Teachers are screaming at kids to get on the buses. I'm about to when the girl I knew from junior high, the one who'd driven the silver sportscar, grabbed my hand and pulled me away.

So I run with her across the parking lot toward her car, and somehow I'm aware that doing this, not getting on the buses, is going to save our lives and that all of the people on the school buses will die.

And then I woke up.

I didn't even drink yesterday.