Thread: Geneology
View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 05:25 PM       
my heritage research stopped at so many dead ends, on account of various batches of relatives who were at odds with one another, that I gave up.

On one side, blahblah miscellaneous Lord Whatnot and his distinctively-nosed group (they all look like Eric Idle) and manymany French people no one cares about, some of whom are Jewish but the others don't talk about that except for me. I know the town in Alsace we came from and I even know the name of the boat, but in the most recent generation it has been decided that it is bad to be French so we don't talk about that either.

I'll make a note of that....French bad, Jewish bad. So Lord Whatnot notwithstanding, Burke's Peerage isn't knocking on my door for the reason of those skeletons alone.

On the other side, people who may or may not have come from England, Denmark or France who also decided, although a few generations further back, that it was a very bad thing to be European, and so who the hell knows.