View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 09:29 AM       
I dreamed I was back in the big old house I lived in as a teenager, only now it was a duplex. We shared it with some other family, and the middle was open...there was a stairwell in the middle and you could see into both living rooms where it mirror-imaged from one side of the house to the other. No walls on the living rooms for whatever reason.

Anyway, the family on the other side was Indonesian or something, I have no idea why I would dream they were Indonesian, but that's what they were. And there was this old lady in a housecoat with stringy hair who kept coming over from their side to ours. She would go to our fridge and get food out and wander around, going through our shit.

In the dream I was a real bitch about it, if I do say so myself. It never occurred to me that she might be senile or something. Instead, I yelled at her a lot and I think at one point I almost slapped her.

Then one of my old bosses from the hospital showed up and demanded to go through my purse. No idea why, I just handed it to her. She started rummaging through it and then said, "This is unfit for a landfill." (???) She pulled out a pattern in an envelope and told me that was my problem.

The pattern would make either swimsuits or neck braces. She told me I was using the wrong kind of velcro for the neck braces, and it was making me irritable. She insisted that I pick up the right stuff and meet her at her house where she would make it the correct way.

I was grumbling because I had to go to the stupid fabric store and then her stupid house, which in dream-land could only be accessed through secret hallways and passageways around my old high school.

The weird turnaround in the dream is that I was the raving bitch and my old boss was nice, which is completely the wrong way from how it usually went. This is a woman who (in real life) refused to go shopping with her plus-sized daughter lest people think she was fat.