View Single Post
90's Child is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 12:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I involuntarily eyerolled at "Lou Garou", but I'm French...so, you know.

I guess if you want constructive criticism it would be helpful to know exactly where you're going with this. Is this something you're cutting your teeth on, something that would otherwise never see the light of day? I mean, you're entitled to practice. Or is this something that you're fleshing out for publication? Something for a writing class?

You understand that if I'm seen being "too nice" to you, Tadao's going to materialize out of the woodwork again to accuse me of mothering someone.
Well, when I thought of the name, I thought the pun was original. What I didn't realise was that several people had actually already used it. But it's my name so I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, I do plan to publish this story in some altered form someday in my far future, but for now this is just an excercize in tooth-cutting and my first attempt at the story. As for where I am going with the story, it involves Lou trying to learn the skills necessary to live as a werewolf and the attack of a homicidal organization of werewolf-hunters trying to kill them all, with one of them having a certain link to one of the werewolves (As a hint, it's the one that has the 2nd most implausible name, next to Lou Garou, and there's a meaning behind it).

And yes, I realise that it is somewhat cliched. It comes with the territory, and I understand that I do take a lot of influences from other writers on the same topic. But I am trying to do them my way, and I want to try and make them good, thus why I am asking for help. And some of my ideas are more original. Such as the Son of Cthulhu meeting up with the reincarnation of Christ, and a superteam that Cell temporarily partners up with composed of the losers of superherodom, (including a Silver-Age throwback, a parody on Luke-Cage style blacksploitation heroes, a parody on Rob-Lyfeld esque heroes, and a character based on what superpowers caused by radioactive waste would really look like and who's powers partially involve the noxious substances oozing out of his tumors), or; for a character; a guy with fireproof skin who sweats napalm; can spray it out of glands on his arms; flies with six gigantic leathery wings harnessing the heat; calls himself Seraphim, and works for the government as a silent angel of death.