Thread: Science!
View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 02:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
[...] historically, tornadoes and similar storms have been a regular thing for the area, [....]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN
Forecasters expect even stronger storms Wednesday and Thursday, following torrential rainfall Tuesday that unleashed flooding and spawned a rare tornado warning in southern California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
what's different this time is that it's continous and being combined with flooding (which is also regular, might i add) still unimpressive.
If you don't mind my asking, in what region of the country do you reside, that you consider 5" of rain in 48 hours combined with a tornado warning, and potential mudslides "unimpressive"?

EDIT - Hurricane Floyd dumped about 6" of rain in 48 hours in Southern NJ and SE PA, and washed away many homes along the Jersey coast and the Delaware River (both sides) in addition to washing away many bridges and roadways in the area many of which are still only partly passable even today. I considered that then, and still consider it today an impressive display of the power of nature.
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Jan 20th, 2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: context