View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2010, 07:22 PM       
Quote:
Most of what you eat gets into your body and if your body doesn't recognize it or doesn't use it, it goes into fat deposits and festers.
No, it generally gets removed. Eat a handful of rocks and let me know how many end up in your heart instead of the toilet.

Quote:
Participants in the fructose group, however, showed an increase of fat cells around major organs including their hearts and livers, and also underwent metabolic changes that are precursors to heart disease and diabetes.
This just says that the fat is redistributed to problem areas. I still don't believe it, but it doesn't support your claim that it adds additional fat as compared to sugar. Since we're playing the repeating game, I'll go ahead and repeat that calories are the entire cause of fat gain and loss. You cannot get magic fat from 0-calorie chemicals. The shit has to come from somewhere. Source: law of conservation of mass.

Quote:
corn syrup has been singled out by many health experts as one of the chief culprits of rising obesity, because corn syrup does not turn off appetite
Okay again right fucking here, your quote is trying to help me explain something to you. An increase in appetite causes people to eat more calories, which causes them to get more fat. THIS VERY QUOTE RIGHT HERE does not say that HFCS makes people fat. It says that it makes people hungry. Do you not appreciate the difference? If you would like to make the point that HFCS makes people hungry, be my guest, but it does not make them fat by itself.

Quote:
No,

I said that obese people aren't healthy.
No, you said this:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator
Food additive free diets are proven to produce quick results in the health of a regular individual no matter the age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
health? yes. fat? no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator
Wouldn't they be one in the same?
This says that you don't understand the difference between unhealthy and fattening things, given that fat isn't inherently unhealthy.

Quote:
It also has been shown to increase appetite in male rats and to induce obesity in female rats and chickens.
Define 'induce' as it's used in this study. My guess? It made them hungrier. Which is redundant.

Quote:
There is a quote above that counters your statement. They do not have the same effect on the body nor do they have the same structure and they certainly do not have the same nutritional content.
Code:
Mountain Dew

kcal 290
carbs 77
sugars 77

Mountain Dew Throwback

kcal 280
carbs 73
sugars 73

Source: http://pepsiproductfacts.com/infobyproduct.php?brand_fam_id=1049&brand_id=1000&product=Mountain+Dew+Throwback
my bad, it's off by 10 whole calories. due to a rebalancing of the formula to make it taste the same.

HFCS is a sugar. It just is. In every way that matters, your body uses it the same way it uses any other sugar. This is also why gatorade works for athletes and doesn't kill them immediately.

Quote:
fructose is not broken down in the digestive system like other sugars are. Instead, it moves directly into the liver, where it interferes with that organ's ability to process fat.
This does not mean that it isn't broken down in the digestive system AT ALL, it just means that it isn't broken down the same exact way. Again, it's close enough to not matter at all. The way this is worded implies that HFCS somehow dodges your stomach entirely, which is moronic. I guess you are excused for having a moronic understanding of nutrition if you believe that.

Quote:
Re-read the quotes
Read the quotes to begin with.

Quote:
I'm glad I can sleep soundly at night knowing the FDA is protecting me.
I don't understand what you're implying here. We don't have perfect knowledge, so we have to adjust our understanding of things as new information is tested and proven. The FDA, being run by human beings, is no exception; and they very much err on the side of caution.

So far, you have conclusively proven that certain chemicals make barnyard animals hungry and that you have a flawed grasp of English.