View Single Post
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2010, 08:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
They can (this is actually the function of the pancreas). They can also eat numerous things that are insoluble. Things that the body doesn't use (insoluble fiber, pennies, rocks, bone) generally get passed to the bowel. Not your organs. That is stupid.
Trace amounts of any substance you ingest get absorbed. Eat a nickel and then get your blood tested. Heavy Metal Traces will shoot up. Yes the nickel will come out in the bathroom and look untouched but you will still have a high amount of nickel material circulating through your body.

Quote:
Because you'd have to cite me an article that directly sources a credible study which makes that claim. It could be true, but neither of us know that. In any event, it doesn't cause enough of a detrimental effect to matter in any capacity.

This little video may answer your question. Its somewhat amusing too if you've ever seen the HFCS propaganda commercials a little while ago.

Quote:
How does HFCS cause someone to retain fat? It's a sugar, and it gets used for fuel, especially in the short term. Also, how much fat does it cause someone to retain? And again, I don't think I ever claimed that HFCS was awesome for you, its negative effects are just pretty negligible compared to sucrose or fructose.
The video above should of answered this question.

Quote:
I think you haven't at all, but that's because I'm only going by things you've actually said.

And actually, according to those nutritional facts I posted, sugar has more calories than HFCS.

290 / 77 = 3.76 kcal/g HFCS
280 / 73 = 3.83 kcal/g Sugar

Which of course isn't true, it's just rounding error. Both are 4 kcal/g
Mountain Dew

kcal 290
carbs 77
sugars 77

Mountain Dew Throwback

kcal 280
carbs 73
sugars 73

Source: http://pepsiproductfacts.com/infobyp...+Dew+Throwback
This is what you posted before. Isn't the Throwback 280, 73, 73 ?

Quote:
HFCS, at the end of the day, is really no worse for you than table sugar.
Actually at the end of the day HFCS, MSG, GMO's, and other unnatural synthetic additives are FAR worse than food that doesn't have them in it.

Much more. Almost night and day actually.