View Single Post
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:35 PM        GRADUATION: so now what do i do?
so i'm walking in like 2 weeks to receive my bachelor's degree in fine arts. i feel strange about leaving school. here's my current situation:

- working part-time at a local museum teaching an art/robotics class
- working part-time at my school's robotics lab as their graphics/media person
- would like to start saving money so i can move out by the end of the summer

what i'm really wondering is...do i now need a full time job? i've been working the same two jobs for the past four years. i can continue having hours at the robotics lab and there are more classes for me to teach over the summer and in the coming school semesters. i kind of want a change, because i have a degree and feel like i should get a job pertaining more to that. i could work at a gallery, at a printshop (ideally), at some shitty graphic design firm, etc.

ahhh, am i okay with my situation? because i get no benefits from these jobs (see: part time). i can't drop my teaching job because i've dedicated myself to these upcoming programs (nor do i want to drop it) but after the summer i could stop working at the robotics lab. i don't know! are the classes i am teaching / will be teaching enough to satisfy my having a degree? right now i just teach one class twice a week for a couple hours at a time. over the summer and on it would be four times a week for two separate classes. also, i want to make some damn art and submit it to galleries and what not. make some more money that way and keep my creative juices flowing

also, i can potentially T.A. a few classes next semester at school

audhaushdhuasdashdoahsdoajsdjasda

i'm just bitching