View Single Post
Don't Care
Vin_Tybul is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 03:20 AM       
I just wanted to get it out of the way, and I've never cared about getting attention.

As far as being disabled, I broke my back when I was thirteen, in a very stupid way. I was on a water slide at a church camp that went down a steep hill. The guy in front of me stopped, and I managed to stop before crashing into him. A guy waiting at the top decided that that was the perfect time to start down the slide. He hit me square in the back (with his legs together instead of open), sending all of us down to the pool at the end. I couldn't feel or move my legs for several minutes, but the feeling finally came back.

I didn't get it checked out until years later, because no one ever gave a serious thought to my back being broken (in the doctors' minds, 13-year-olds can't have broken backs). Long story short, the MRI showed that it had been broken, and calcium deposits had formed in an attempt to heal itself. There are peices of vertebrae missing, with deteriorated, herniated discs sandwiched in between where it had healed. The discs on either side were bulging, and also beginning to deteriorate. This was in 2002. Now, I can hardly get around, can't do anything for any real amount of time, and I have to sleep in a damn recliner because I cannot lay down in a bed.

Sorry this was so long, but you asked.