View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 04:27 AM       
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/26598
Quote:
I find it really hard to believe that gaming's examples of masculinity are there for the benefit of women, who in my opinion just aren't into steroid abusers who solve all their problems with chainsaws. That particular kind of objectification is pretty clearly there for us guys who need a pretty obvious symbol for the kind of power we don't have.
The rest of the video pretty much covers the entire topic. Chicks should be more than hair and tits, but usually aren't, and while there are totally examples of such, for each strong chick, there's 30 others wearing nothing but dental floss. The chicks and dudes are created to appeal to males, but not females. Preaching to the choir, but whatever. I mostly just have a mancrush on Scott Sharkey.

ANYWAYS BACK TO WHAT I'M PLAYING RIGHT NOW...

I just beat Metroid Fusion. 3:40 with 100%. Man, that game's really fun if you stick to the main stuff, but once you start going for all the upgrades, it's really annoying. There's way more, and they're either super obscure to the point where you need a guide, or super challenging requiring a bunch of chain sparks. Or both. Which is really weird considering that the game's actually more linear.

Watching this fan video makes me want to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles again, but I truthfully never liked the Sonic games. Just the comics and the cartoons. Which in retrospect are way worse.