View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 01:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Also been re-playing Zelda a bit. I realized the other day that my opinion on Zelda is pretty much "It's the Star Wars of video games," by which I mean "I feel so bad about comparing these games to anything else because I love them so goddamn much that they will always win." Not to mention the way both serieses boil down the essential tropes of their respective genres and then inflate them to ridiculously iconic levels, and how they got pretty horrible all of a sudden. Zelda's even got its own equivalent to the Holiday Special, the CD-i games.

I haven't played any of the handheld games past Oracles, despite owning all three. Capcom doesn't do Zelda very well.

Although I could be mixed up in thinking they did the two DS games, maybe I'll give those a shot. Here's hoping they don't fuck Skyward Sword up as badly as Twilight Princess.
Aw, I liked the GB and GBA games. Especially Four Swords. That shit was awesome.

As for the DS games...they're Nintendo made, but Phantom Hourglass is pretty shit. Only one good puzzle (wasn't even in a dungeon :T) and the rest of it was just a less interesting Wind Waker crammed into a tech demo. Spirit Tracks won me over though. The Zelda partner mechanic gets really cool later on, the puzzles are a little better, the writing is actually pretty funny a few times, and the whole game is just more fun.