View Single Post
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 02:42 PM       
it was completely fun, but i don't know that working at any commercial cave would be as fun. this was a very small place (well, not the cave itself), and the manager was awesome.

all the commercial caves in virginia have all the formations and stuff, and they're all way too commercial for my tastes. luray caverns - everybody fucking loves the place, but your feet never touch the natural cave floor. also tickets are like 20 bucks and the tour guides don't know their shit.

we had to take a "knowledge quiz" in the middle of the summer and i scored better than anybody else there - people who have been working in this cave and sharing information about this cave with people for three, five, ten fucking years. jerks. i was so sad when i realized i wouldn't be able to go back to work there the following year. oh well.

know what's colder than being in a cave? crawling through a stream in a cave, haha. fun!