View Single Post
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 11:16 AM       
Still playing Dark Souls. I love this game, but there are some things that make the game less FUN hard, and more 'Goddammit Japan what the fuck is your problem" hard.
1. It has a habit of throwing enemies at you that you CANNOT beat. It's bad enough that most of the bosses are either piss easy or have to be beaten with an exploit, but sometimes the game decides to throw enemies at you in an area you just beat that are just impossible. After beating Ceaseless Discharge, I went on down to the cooled lava it just made, and immediately, some demon that ran twice as fast as me sprints up and one-hits me through my shield. Not fun at all.
2. Pitfalls. I wouldn't mind them so much if the game didn't throw them fucking EVERYWHERE. The Blighttown was the worst, because literally the entire level is hoping you don't get knocked off to your death.
3. Invaders. There have been way too many times when I've been trying to summon my friend into my game, when some meta-gaming asshole spawns in, decked out with crazy awesome gear I didn't even know existed and mathematically chosen stats, and immediately just rush up and one-hit me. I wouldn't mind it so much, but if you want to play with friends, then you can ALWAYS be invaded at any time. There needs to be a way to block them.
/bitching