View Single Post
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 04:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkgrrrlie10
other:

For those of us coming from a family which has a lot of military in it and having alot of friends in the military you fight a war if you are enlisted and called up. Your job is to be a soldier whether you want to be fighting against another or not. It's not an intellectual exercise. There is a commander in chief and you go when called. It's your job. You may not agree with why, but that's not your place.
That's one of the reasons I didn't sign up for another term. Naively, I thought that I would fight for my country because I thought that our country wouldn't think of fighting a country without justification or those who directly threatned our way of living. When I enlisted and I saw that we have maps of countries, points of contact in those countries, intelligence agents to help amend existing plans, continual development of contingency plans, ports and air strips that we knew we were going to use WHEN the need arose, ect. Maybe I'm not explaining this right as far as the mindset goes. Something like this, I guess: "Whoever you are, we know we can kick your ass. We, in fact, have definitive, well thought out, and complex plans to kick your ass so just step one foot out of line, have some resource we need, or serve some political agenda and we WILL do it." The thing is, the person making those decisions doesn't necessarily have to have any training in geopolitical relations or military leadership. He is just the trigger man, the guy with the say-so. Hell you, apparently, don't even need the approval of congress anymore ... and that's some scary shit. Just sayin'

Wherever you go, there you are.