View Single Post
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2004, 11:43 AM        Re: Yeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAsux
Kelly,
I don't know when you got out but I can assure you that the days of doing 20 without being involved somewhere are rapidly becoming a thing of the past. And I'm not talking about silly nonsense like Desert Fox or Allied Force. For the first time in 30+ years we're likely to have an entire generation of combat veterans. Shooters per se.
I agree that it'd be a rare event but it's still theoretically possible if you have certain job skills that keep you outside the area of combat arms. Every time that you come up on orders, it's kind of like a roll of the dice depending on where UPERCEN (army's human resource department) thinks it needs your job skill at that time ... unless you have "station of choice" through some kind of incentive in your re-enlistment contract. That being said, if you really want to make the military a career, all the neat little ribbons and medals sure look good when it comes time for the military board to review your records for promotion and combat is a quick way to get them.

Wherever you go, there you are.