View Single Post
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 08:03 PM       
But wouldn't these passages be a blanket condemnation of all of the rich, exepting those who had Christianity as a priority?

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. " -Matthew 19:24, KJV

(the word is actually rope, not camel as it has been mistranslated, but the point remains the same. I still like the KJV, despite problems like this.)

"But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation." -Luke 6:24 KJV

"But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."-1 Timothy 6:9-10, KJV

"But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away. For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways."-James 1:10-11, KJV