Thread: Rachel Corrie
View Single Post
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:10 AM       
Quote:
Are you making the assertion that Israel is to blame for war on Iraq?
has a lot to do with it yes, but that's NOT what i was talking about.
yes, nimn is not in my name and that is the button that i was wearing.

again as i said before i had no intention of bringing up isreal in any fashion but those folks jumped on me for it because They saw my NIMN button and assumed i was anti-isreal.. I'm more anti corporate totalitarianism than anti-isreal, so, where isreal approaches that i'm opposed to it.

and yes you have me correctly pidgeon holed about siding with 'the people' vs a 'state' or 'nation' when the state or nation disenfranchises the people. Isreal has more power and money per capita than almost any nation. so your twisting of my words is not what i meant.. the poor that are up against a wall are mostly palestinians.. although the situation has both sides in conflicting areas up against a wall. i'd like to give the people of isreal the benefit of the doubt but when i get attacked(verbally this time) for expressing sympathy for palestinians(even though it was mistaken on my part) i tend to think, hmm, these zionists(its my understanding that they are the most rabidly against NIMN) seem militant to me.

I brought up Not in Our Name because that is the button that i SHOULD have been wearing to avoid the Isreali confict issues but as i said before i didn't know enough about nimn till i was attacked over it. my experience is also a small thing in relation to the issues.. i don't assume that all zionist are totalitarian palistinian haters, its just that those are the only ones ive run into