Thread: Good news
View Single Post
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 12:28 AM       
maybe you missed my point..
what do you mean "keep in mind this is the law, ergo the government we're talking about here. You cannot force..."??

i agreed we cannot force or enforce a morality.. i'm looking for Other ways to reduce gun violence.. that aside though..

the point i thought you commented "Where ON EARTH do you come up with ideas like that?"
was where i was trying to say that it takes a certain state of barbarism to make possesion of a gun a good thing.

ill argue with the law, ill argue over gun rights issues but i don't have much belief that outlawing guns or restricting rights will fix anything about the violence and i think bowling for columbine has a similar message.. its not about the laws.. its something about our culture that has us in this position where gun ownership can actually show a reduction in crime. of course making anyone especially a company totaly immune to accountability doesnt sound very fair.. these situations where a line of responsibility is arguably crossed need to be examined and argued.. not tossed out unconditionally.

and yepper, ive got an idealistic view but with enough faith in people to continue on a path that looks like its loosing.