View Single Post
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 02:50 PM        Men
A couple of things to think about....

In nature, in many species, the males are the pretty shiny ones. Often smaller than the females.
In many species the females do the hunting and the child rearing.

Make-up was originally worn by men. So were big poofy wigs. Men were the first to wear shoes with heels.

The shape of the female body has changed quite a bit over the last few "years".
Women used to be either husky or thin based on environment and social standing.
Women began to wear corsets to give them deeper curves.
Flash forward quite bit and you have bodies like Betty Paige, Garbo, Monroe. Curvy as hell. That was the body of the time.
Since then women have become less curvy, more androgenous (sp?) in their own right. Even on thin women waists are larger and hips are smaller than they were just a few decades ago.
There is a theory that the types of body alterations that become popular do effect the following generations. Sort of Darwinish. The more desireable the more likely to breed.....you get the point.
Think about all the boob jobs from the 70's and 80's. Now, look at the teenagers today. Far more busty than even my generation was. Yes I know there are other factors such as horomones in the food, however the same theory states that this particular evolution was simply sped up.

Men have become smaller for a variety of factors. One of the largest being that much of thev hard heavy labor men used to do is done by machines. Instead of hefting buckets of brick up a construction site they are lifted by equipment. Instead of digging trenches by hand there are machines to do it now. Since size and strength is no longer needed the genetics have altered to adapt.

Men have become less masculine and women have become less feminine. Just a sign of the times I guess.