Thread: Good news
View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 08:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBubba
Statistics Kevin, statistics. The facts are right before you. Accidents like the ones you are describing are vastly outnumbered compared to ones simmilar to my example.
Courtesy of gunowners.org (sniker, snicker): "* Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606).4 And readers of Newsweek learned in 1993 that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The "error rate" for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."5"

* GEORGE F. MOTHER F'N WILL!!!

Not a government resource, not census data, but from GEORGE F. WILL! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his columns for a good chuckle, and he's a very bright man, but he certainly doesn't clasify as a solid statistical resource.

I tried finding a copy of the Newsweek article they cited from 1993, "Are we a nation of cowards?", but couldn't find it archived anywhere. I'd be interested to see what citations HE used in the article.

I'm willing to bet we could pick apart many of the "statistics" presented on this website, if anybody cared or had the time.