View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 02:45 AM       
I'm tired of your stupid, so I'll respond to your points one by one in an intelligble manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
Wow, lets support the company that gives piece of shit hardware, only replaces your hardware if its RROD and waiting up to a month to get it back!
YEAH! thats a benefit! It's all good if the company fixes the crap for free right?
No more a piece of shit than any other hardware. Sony won't replace the PS3 if it finds the insides too dusty. I waited a week, tops, when my disc tray fucked up and started eating games. And yes, free is a benefit. They don't have to make it free and the fact that they did extend the warranty shows a lot of caring on their part. That and fear of a class-action lawsuit. I don't think you're old enough to understand this, but "free" overrides a lot of shit. If I could get a free Whopper for mailing in forty UPCs, and I had forty UPCs lying around my house, then I'm going to get a free Whopper, nevermind that the coupon comes some months later.

Quote:
The controller isnt that good either, the d-pad isnt a d pad but a 3rd analog stick, i have the controller plugged into my pc, and the bumpers are damn shitty as well.
This is a matter of ergonomics in personal taste. I enjoy the 360 controller. I love the bumpers. I like how it is smoother, not having as many edges as the PS3's. The D-Pad does need work. I won't argue with you there. I also like the asymmetrical positioning of the analog sticks. But to say that the PS3's is quantifiably better is really not taking into account how people feel about the shitty triggers. Don't get me wrong, I love the Playstation controller design. I love the battery that charges via Mini-USB. I think that is fucking awesome. But, again, this is strictly a matter of personal taste and how you hold a controller.

Quote:
I've never heard of people defending such a crappy piece of hardware just because it has halo 3 on it, wow. And it's not a very great online service, because it uhh costs money and i actually prefer psn even though it doesnt have in-game cross chat yet.
What the fuck does Halo 3 have to do with any of this? Xbox Live is not a great online service? PSN is better? How about the fact that PSN is playing catch-up to Xbox Live in almost every field and every time PSN adds a new online feature, it is remarkably similar to one that has been on XBL for months? And your only rationale is that it's free? I am confused. You see, I didn't think you enjoyed things that were free, according to your previous argument against the 360's hardware. Maybe I am taking that wrong. I dunno. Things that cost money are TYPICALLY better than things that aren't, due to a well supported staff and lots of funding. People that are paid have a better incentive to do well and take pride in their work. I think the PSN is alright, but XBL is leaps and bounds better. I have no idea what "in game cross-chat" means, so I'd really appreciate it if you'd enlighten me.

Quote:
Let's see another excuse for the 360's breaking down, OH PEOPLE DONT TAKE CARE OF IT RIGHT?
Yes, that is exactly right. People don't treat their consoles with respect. People don't treat their computers with respect, either. They take for granted that consoles are as they always were; invulnerable. But now, consoles are more along the lines of computers. As Emu said, it is an engineering fact that as more parts are added, the capacity for error greatly increases. That and anything with a moving part will fail eventually, the date of such event depending wholly on the amount of friction involved. People have no concept that computers are just as fragile if not more than cars. You can't toss these things around. You can't block the fans and hope that it works properly. And don't give me the argument that there is enough airflow in the back of an entertainment center when the thing is 360 is shoved all the way into the back leaving one inch for airflow. That doesn't cut it.

Quote:
And executioneer, i bet you've played zero of those games, and you call them meh just to defend whatever console youre being a fanboy of, no, they are great games, anyone with half a brain knows that just as i know that gears of war 2 is good
I'm willing to bet, and correct me if I am wrong, but I don't know that Willie should be called a fanboy of the 360. He wasn't the most against the 360, but he was up there. And there overwhelming majority of those games are MEH, according to my personal opinion. Flower held my attention for all of a week. I woudn't spend more than that on a game. If it had costed more than $10, I'd have been freakin' pissed because there is no way that game is worth any more than that. 4/8 of those games are ones I seriously enjoy and one of those is one I don't even play anymore.

And Gears of War is terrible, you douche.