Thread: Science!
View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 06:20 AM       
In the course of taking on and adopting foster children born on drugs (and having a family member on chemo), I've searched the web for all things drug-related, and stumbled upon a heinous website that didn't just describe the effects of certain drug combinations, but gave tips on how to take them so you got the best high, did not O.D. (How would they know? Don't you have to die to get this info?), how to make your own, etc. I researched it extensively, keeping my gag reflex in check, since the mothers of two of my foster children were heavy drug users, during their pregnancy up to delivery. I was a little concerned about what someone might find if they checked my web-browsing history (your life is an open book when you're harboring wards of the state) but I felt I had a pretty ironclad reasoning for doing so - the social workers were hesitant to give me the information I needed, and when they did, it was usually incorrect. Not due to negligence or lack of knowledge, but I think they were afraid of giving too much away about the parents.

Maybe I'm woefully naïve, but I was flabbergasted that stuff like that existed on the internet, and was not shut down by some FBI dude.
You may already be there.