View Single Post

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 08:42 PM        .02 cents
I disagre that every option short of war was not exercised. I believe it was. I believe diplomacy ran it's course.

HOWEVER, I will readily agree that the methods used towards that end were flawed and ineffective. I would not consider myself pro-Bush. I believe however that anyone who thinks this is "Bush's War" quite frankly has ignored history. War in Iraq as far as I am concerned has been a foregone conclusion for quite some time (i.e. years). If not this administration, some subsequent administration.

I will readily accept fair criticisms of Bush's diplomatic efforts. I think such criticisms are easily justifiable. I believe this administration did a piss poor job of explaing why this war was necessary, and have lost much public support as a result. I honestly believe that Americans wanted this war, if it could clearly be justified. This is not an unwarranted attack on an innocent nation. This is one that, had things been presented perhaps with a bit more tact and civility, wouldn't have been so hard to justify. I think this same process under a different leader with a less abrassive approach may have yeilded different results.

Achimp, I think you're absolutely right. I think Blair has a certain style and charisma that people are willing to follow, even if they don't agree 100% with his position. Bush, on the other hand, is the guy you can't help but not like.