View Single Post
imported_I, fuzzbot. is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 01:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
BTW< I know it is extreme to call Palestinians backwards tribalist Islamists, but I do not know how else to describe people that parade their children around in mock suicide bomber outfits.
You know what? As painful as it is for me to admit, you are absolutely right. Now, I'm not saying Israel deserves the land and the Palestinians should fuck off elsewhere, nor am I agreeing with you that most of the Palestinians fit that generalization, but I think Israel should be proud of its accomplishments.

And you know what else?

The average attitude (of Arabs) towards Israel being the most successful state in the Middle East will never change. As much as they are blamed for all the problems caused in this region, they should pride themselves on how far they've come as a nation. They did it because they worked together as a tightly-knit community. And look at us. Shiites and Sunnis in constant battles, street kids or spoiled rich ones who refuse to further themselves through proper education, and lack of hope for a region we all want to see move forward.

I'm just saying that if Palestine had the same amount of financial assistance that Israel did, and less amount of stupid fucking Hamas supporters who have the "let's solve violence by creating more violence" mentality, Palestine would've been someplace else.

Quote:
I think you could make a fine argument that the product Israel has produced entitles Israelis to Israel.

Even during the country's start, the UNSCOMP resolution, Israelis proved a greater desire to modernize, democratize, and liberalize the Middle East. While Israel tried to win approval to claim a slice of the mandated land, by building infrastructure, sustainable cities in the desert, and industry, Arabs were plotting for war. Tanks began to roll as soon as Israel became Israel.

Both sides have developed a strong nationalistic impulse, but one actually did something about it, IMO.
That's way better than how "Letter Boy" would've put it, anyways. That last sentence is so fucking true.