View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 06:28 PM       
Quote:
It probably depends which country or how expensive the Item you bought is. Lets say you bought something more expensive and Made In Deutchland, well you can expect it to last long. As opposed to something made in China that you just bought for a fraction of the price.
Did people buy a lot of cars and electronics from china and Germany during the 1920-30's?
and that may just be the case but I've never heard that cars from germany are more reliable than cars from other places.

Quote:
As may be the case, most electronics are made there anyway, so I can see why they had reliability issues.
Yea, and these companies do well because they have a constant demand for cheap, replaceable items. But this is years after the great depression which was the subject of my paragraph. Was china one of the major electronics producers during the great depression?
One of the problems during the last great depression is that people made durable items so durable that there was no incentive to buy other ones, which caused the demand for more production to go down, and the demand for sales persons as well.

but now that is different, and largely because of that reason.

Quote:
Would you dare to drive cross country on a Model-T (even if it was brand new) today? I think not, simply because the average modern family vehicle is more reliable. ^.^
Would you drive a modern family vehicle in the 1930's? I think not, simply because they didn't fucking exist.