View Single Post
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:56 PM       
It wasn't an insulting comment towards me, was it Jeanette?

I submitted that quote because I think you're limiting yourself and allowing yourself to be stereotyped if you willingly let someone call you "liberal" or "conservative" or whathaveyou. Even if I was rightwing, I wouldn't like to be associated with someone like Pat Robertson, on the other hand if I was leftist I wouldn't go along with the likes of the Clintons. Guilt by association. The same reason leftists are called hippies and babykillers and the conservatives are called the powerhungry ecokillers. I'm not either. The closest thing I could call myself is centrist, because instead of succumbing to a particular party's agendas, I like making up my own mind, and in taking on either wing and proudly proclaiming that label, all you are doing is pigeonholing yourself. Both sides have faults and to proclaim yourself on that side is to take on the stigmas of each side, whether you agree or not.

Most annoying is choosing neither left or right wing, but being called a tree-hugging baby killer because I'm prochoice, but what it all boiled down to for me was, why should I concern myself with a stranger's body? I'm not aborting the baby myself, nor am I holding a gun to this woman's head saying she should abort it. You call down your own thunder.

Is any of this making sense? It's not like I organized it...