View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:13 PM       
I was in line at Walmart behind three people who would be classified as way morbidly obese. I don't want to be an asshole about it, but they weren't exactly confounding stereotypes. The first person had two carts that were literally spilling over with bags of chips, boxes of snack cakes and cartons of soda. She didn't even bother to lift the soda out of the cart so the cashier could scan it- cashier had to come around with the gun and sift through the cart scanning things the customer couldn't be bothered to put on the belt.

The second person had a kid who was grabbing random candy bars off the displays, opening them, and eating them. I had plenty of time to watch, because Walmart only had two fucking registers open and the other option wasn't any better. The kid ate three candy bars and the mom just said, "Keep the wrapper so we can tell her what you ate."

The third was on a motorized cart, which she randomly backed into me because she was on a cellphone and not paying a damn bit of attention. She kept blabbing on the cell and didn't even acknowledge the cashier or bother to put anything on the belt, which was within easy reach. The cashier had to lean over to pick up the 20 or so premade sub sandwiches out of the basket.

So yeah, there are a lot of assumptions based on weight but these people weren't the greatest ambassadors. Of course, it was Walmart.