View Single Post
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2012, 02:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
why do i owe an explanation for anything? read any post of mine in this thread and i'm talking about how disappointing movie X is. get off my back.
I'm sorry, I considered you a respectable member of our community with rational thought. Should we treat you like GW?

Quote:
there's an alien in antarctica and it takes on the form of that which it kills/infects. that's the entire plot.
You are saying that more is better? How would you improve on this story? Did it need some kind of M. Night Shyamalan twist at the end? Kurosawa movies have one plot by that standard.

Quote:
add kurt shitty russell and wilford internet-meme brimley and millions of obsessive fans aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's the thing in a nutshell.
So the director said to himself "I'm going to cast Russell and Brimley because 20 years from now people are going to do this thing on the internet that will catch on among hipsters!"

Seriously dude, are you really just going to bubble every movie from the past into HIPSTERS LOVE IT SO I CAN'T?

Quote:
also akira kurosawa never did any horror movies and he's my favorite filmmaker. suck it.
I never said he did. I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I JUST WATCHED AKIRA KUROSAWA'S MOVIE SEVEN SAMURAI AND HATED IT. I HATE JAPANESE MOVIES THAT TAKE THEMSELVES TOO SERIOUSLY, ALSO IT DIDN'T HAVE ANY TENTACLE RAPE.
Also Kurosawa used Yurei several times in his movies which (BACK THEN) was terrifying to the Japanese people. HOW DARE HE!

I don't care if you like the Thing or not. What I do care about is that you frequently talk shit about movies here and never back it up with a reasonable explanation.