View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 03:43 PM       
"It's sick how you fail to mention how Saddam will probably set fire to the oil wells....

But the again, you would be failing to defend Saddam and you don't want to do that do you. Because since Saddam is an enemy of Bush, he is a friend of yours and that makes you an enemy of our troops saying things like......"the only way to avert doom is for American casualties to be heavy".

Are you honestly this dense or are you striving for irony?

I was referencing your stupid BBQ article. It makes speciffic reference to 'meat partciles' as pollutants. Burning bodies would give off 'meat' particles. Burning oil wells would not. I was making fun of your decision to post a REALLY dumb ass article and think it was in any way meaningful.

For the record: When Saddam set the Kuwaiti oil fields on fire, it was a terrible thing to do, and environmentally devestating.

Sadam is not my friend, and I don't belive I've said anything that might be construed as defending him. I've said a lot about defending the iraqi people.

I think it's sick you call other people liars and reserve for yourself the right to lie and lie and lie. Sick, but hardly surprising. You can cast the blame any way you like, you can say this is ll Sadams fault and it may well be, but in the end, American bombs and American soldiers are going to kill human beings. Children are going to die. If your okay with that to avert a larger doom, what exactly is your problem with my statement. It's my contention we are courting World War Three. That's my sincere belief. I may well be wrong. But suppose for the sake of argument I'm right. Would it be worth the loss of American lives on the appauling scale of Vietnam to avert World War Three? Is this argument any different than yours that we need to invade Iraq now to prevent Sadam from doing more damage later.

I see two differences.

1.) You're are as absolutely certain you are right and I'm wrong as I am the sun is the center of the solar system.

2.) You are appauled that I talk of American deaths. If I'm right, I think you need to look at that. You see us and them. I see people. Human beings with the same wants aand needs and capacity to suffer as us. If fact, you should be MORE concerned about them than us. Christian (real christian) Americans who perish on the battlefield will go to heaven. Muslims (who will be soldiers and blameless civillians) will go to hell.