View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 10:03 PM       
Sadly he doesn't get that. People like him are fear-mongers who make the stupid think that it is worse than it actually is.

Trust me, if it were a depression, I would still be looking for work, and furthermore drifting to do so. The fact that I found work and didn't have to migrate to another town to do so puts lie to Coolinators whole house of cards theory. The fact that I was able to eat, internet, live under a roof on savings, and in fact pay all my bills (internet and cable included, things that depression era folks would call me rich for being able to pay I might add) disproves the depression bullshit even more so

In other words, I am living proof that Coolie is full of shit.

I am however quite concerned that people like him exist. That there are people living in the times we live in, where food is abundant, luxury is exponentially more available than it was in the 20s and 30s, and even in our worst times 90% of eligible workers make some form of income while the other 10% get money from the govegivernment, that think we are in a depression makes me fear for our collective IQ. Maybe Idiocracy is more of a sign of things to come rather than a silly movie?

Could you imagine Coolie in an actual depression? He would kill himself inside of a week tops. He lacks the coping mechanism to deal with real crisis. That this thread exists is proof of that.