View Single Post
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 10:50 PM       
When I was in high school, someone stole my calculator (one of those fancy ones with Tetris on it) off of the lunch table when I walked two feet to the left to throw out my garbage. Not a one of my friends sitting around me had ANY idea who took it. What was really insulting was that when I went to report it to the lunch monitors, they basically asked the people sitting around me "did you see where the calculator went?" (WHICH I ALREADY DID!) before throwing up their hands and telling me "Oh well, too bad". Ugh. Matters were actually made worse about two months later, when someone's backpack went missing and they actually shut down the cafeteria and wouldn't let anyone out until they found it.

My dad had one some years back, as well. Some bozo hit his car at an intersection. No one was hurt, but my dad's car was pretty banged up. The offender stopped, got out, looked like he wanted to hit my dad, and turned right up a nearby street. What insulted my dad was that when he called the police, they seemed much more bothered by the fact that the guy took an illegal right turn up that street than the fact that he hit my dad's car.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.