View Single Post
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 08:12 PM        Do you believe in a "Hell"?
Before I start, let me get this out of the way...

I AM NOT MAKING FUN OF RELIGION IN THIS THREAD!!! I am simply stating my opinions, which were formulated by the facts as they have been presented to me.

I personally do not believe in a hell. The concept of hell was brought into Christianity during the middle ages to keep the poor people poor by forcing them to buy "indulgences". For those of you who do not know what these were, they were "Heaven tickets". You paid a specific amount of money (or crops, as the case may be) in exchange for a guarenteed spot in Heaven. (at least until they needed more money and/or crops.)

Notice how the Jewish society does NOT believe in hell. This is because they were not under the same government as the Christians during the Dark Ages. Hell was invented as a means of control. The reason it is ever mentioned in the Bible is because the Bible was written in the Middle Ages.

Now, of course, these are all my opinions. If there are people on this site that disagree with me, I welcome any to try and convince me otherwise. Who knows, I may agree with you.