View Single Post
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 06:24 PM       
What, jamesman you think I didn't understand your 'point' and you need to put it plainly to little helm? I did. And I wasn't commenting on it. I was commenting on the fact that said quote sounded like something out of a horribly cheesy romance novel.

As to your viewpoint, if seriously the lack of possibility to partake interferes with your ability to get off on lesbians and to the point where you state you 'hate' them, then you have both the most limited imagination and the most strictly egocentric outlook to love I've seen.

As to the original issue, I think the biggest part of the attraction would be attributed to memes. It's sort of a social obligation, as a straight men to get off on lesbians and to appreciate them more than other sexual configurations. This is pressured on the subject to the point of subliminal encoding by it's peers and other general social influences. The reason this behaviour is suggested is because it's the opposite of being attracted to male homosexualism. It signifies potence and sexual vigor as well as more than eager ambition (The darwin-high-five of "I like women. The more the better" as opposed to the evolutionarily doomed "I like gay men getting it on"). Same to a degree if not as strongly instinctually backed as pack mentality and alpha male abilition or to make a closer example as the need to have many different sexual partners in a lifetime.

Of course there's the matter of the diviant nature of lesbianism which arouses any subject exactly because it's considered taboo. Same for two men having sex or any other non-standard configuration. The reason men don't feel as comfortable to accepting that the idea of two handsome males getting it on is as arousing as two females in the same situation I attribute mostly to to meme factor mentioned above. It's just learnt behaviour and social programming. Tied to homophobia and all that go with it.