View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 17th, 2010, 05:02 PM       
Quote:
What makes globalization appealing is bought and payed for politicians who can pass laws to destroy Unions and Privately owned businesses. Not Labor Organizations. It's basic in the sense that if you allow and give incentives to corporations to off shore their entire operation to save money on labor then they will do it. It's not because Labor Organizations ask for a living wage, it's because the system has been put in place to actually by pass 1st world workers....Union or Non-Union alike.
A system hasn't really been "put into place."

also if we didn't have unions /other standards which drive wages up and profits down than those companies wouldn't have benefited so much from moving to another country; many companies went basically bankrupt before they moved to mexico or other third world countries.

Quote:
I guess we can say its an incentive by proxy.
What you mean is its just an incentive in theworld because that's just the way things are. I hate how you can turn something so simple as, "PEOPLE IN OTHER COUNTRIES HAVE A LOWER STANDARD OF LIVING" to, "THE GOVERNMENT IS IN A CONSPIRACY to give inceNTIVeS TO CORPORATIONS BY ..." BY FUCKING WHAT? TRAVELING BACK IN TIME AND SABOtOGING COUNTRIES SO THAT THEY WILL HAVe cheAP LABOR AVAILABLE? WHAT THE FUCK.

WHILE YOURE At It WHY DONt YOU BLAME THE GOVERNMENT FOR PUTTING MOSt of tHe WORlDS oil AND ReSources in the sAME SPOTS CReATING AN "INCentive' foR RICh tYpes TO gO to thoSe PLACEs AND SET UP BUSINess AND HAVe conflictS OF INtEreSt WIth the locALS. DASTARDLY. OR BLAME tHEM FOR HAVing AN ATMOSPhjere tHAT CAN BE AffectEd by our ACTIONS. YOU KNOW, ANYTHING THAT THEY HAVE NO CONTROL OVER BUT COULD TAKE ADVANTAge OF.

Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that since Free Trade / Globalization has taken hold our manufacturing base has gone from 50% of the countries economy to less than 20%.
Well technically globalization has been around fora longtime and all of those things didn't happen. At first it even benefited us. Anyway, what's your point? That there should be standards so that industries can't move their company to another country? What if they had these choices: Move to another country or Go bankrupt.

I guess what I'm saying is that unions and other american standards give corporations an "Incentive" to move to other countries.

Again, what is your political stance? more government? less government? perfect government according to coolie w/ infinite money and god mode?