Thread: Ask the Mexican
View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 06:48 PM       
cumin then. also u got no onions and i dont put garlic in mine. and y rosemary?

salt doesnt make up for the lack of pork and chicken broth kinda helps but a little bit of lard+chicken broth is better. Salt is just salt it doesn't replace a pork flavor. The flavors are all completely different.. at least when u refry it/brown the onions do it in lard. when u eat beans in the restaurant its basically lard+chicken broth flavor, or hamhocks.

and dont use butter it makes it taste bad

i spent years trying to make good mexican beans and the ones that tasted closest to a mexican food restaurant used lard+chicken broth or hamhocks. i also tried bacon but i thought it made it taste too much like bbq beans

also i think ur not supposed to cook beans in salt cause it does something o their consistency.