View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 09:54 PM       
I was in a real-life (as in, non-camera) class where everyone dropped but me. That was pretty awkward in terms of participation.

There was originally one other guy. It was an evening class that was taught by the advisor for my degree program. She would lecture, and he was uncomfortable, I guess. So the entire time she'd be talking, he'd be saying, "Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh, yeah. Oh. Uh huh..." When he dropped out about a week in, I was relieved because it was getting annoying.

Any other professor would have canceled the class with only one student, but she was out to do me a favor- she knew I needed it for my degree. So she kept it going, and that whole semester I was the only person. She lectured to just me. I felt guilty that she was coming in at night for this class with just one person. One time I tried to call off by explaining that I had no ride home. She told me she'd drive me home, and damned if she didn't.

The downside was that there was no way she'd ever call on someone else.

The upside was that the guilt and mandatory constant attention resulted in an A for the semester. I actually think it might have been an A+, can't remember.