View Single Post

Anathema is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2005, 06:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellychaos
Racism is usually born of ignorance of anothers culture. Take Detroit, for example. Since the riots of the 1960's, the suburbs of Detroit and the city proper have been separated along racial boundaries. When "the north" is supposed to be much more politically correct in its stance on civil rights, the surrounding metropolitan area is one of the most racists that I've ever seen. In the south, I've seen the rednecks of which you speak that blatantly show their racism in public and I guess, to some extent, you are correct in acknowledging that at least they're honest about it. Shrug. What I did see; however, was a more harmonious mix of races in the south where there are supposed to be ignorant rednecks than in my own metro area. Why? We don't really have that mix and so are not confronted with each other's culture too much. In other words, it is because of ignorance.
Now see this people? THIS is what I was looking for. Obviously you have more intelligence than the ones who were just saying “OH NO! RACISM IS BAD!” "OH YOU MUST BE A RACIST TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!"

Thank you for restoring a small portion of my faith in humanity.