Thread: Steam stuff
View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 02:56 AM       
So I just bought Supreme Commander 2 today. Didn't even know it was being released, but there you go. It was there on the shelf of Electronics Boutique in the 'new releases' section.

I commented to the guy at the counter "wow, didn't know this was out" he said "totally" or "radical" or something to that effect, and I walked out with my purchase.

Had to wait a million years for Steam to update, which left me annoyed, but still approachable. What tipped me into the realms of insanity is that I then get a message telling me that I can't play this game; as it is yet to be released.

What the fuck? I can't express how pissed off this makes me. Not that I don't get to play a game I bought on a whim for another few days ("approximately 2 days and 17 hours"), but just that they sold it to me, in a case, hard copy etc, and I can't play it because it "hasn't been released yet". Surely the fact that it is on a shelf in it's final, finished DVD glory with instruction manual and everything included is enough to count as having been released? No?

Do they do this a lot with games nowadays? I haven't encountered it yet.

It's bullshit, and I'm going to take it back tomorrow and tell the fuck face on the counter it's not actually released, despite it actually being released.