View Single Post
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2005, 06:38 PM       
Okay, let's make a rediculously high assumption and say that 50% of the protesters are beligerent violent assholes. That still means that the company seeks to earn the remaining 50% off the disciplined non-violent types.

I'm personally against abortion, and that should be obvious. Contraception is idiosyncratically to religion a sin, but it should be perfectly legal and upheld. If PP just wants to distribute information on how to prevent pregnancy, what to do when raped, hand out condoms, hell, throw around the pill all it wants, I'd be fine with that and would be glad that such an institution exists. It might be harmful to my utopian Civitate Dei in some metaphysical sense, but that's where society stands.

But the truth is, whether or not the organization is tax-free or not, at the individual level there are abortionists who realize that there's big money in vacuuming embryonic matter. They're not going to act out of altruistic loyalty to the pillars of the organization, they're going to seek profit. That's why I believe that if abortion is going to be legal, it should only be done under highly evaluated circumstances by practitioners who are disconnected to the decision of whether to abort or not.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT