Thread: Dubstep.
View Single Post
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 01:20 AM        Dubstep.
Just wondering what you think about it...

not saying i like it or anything... pfft...

just wondering...

[EDIT] Ok I'll go ahead and say it, I think I'm sexually attracted to dubstep. I'm really into oldschool thrash metal, everything from Black Sabbath to King Diamond to Megadeth. I like some punk from the late 70's early 80's and I also love classic rock like Jimi, led Zep, Cream, Eric Clapton also Elton John, Queen and even some modern jazz.

I also love Techno and Electronica. Mostly from growing up on the Wipeout games. The soundtracks had some awesome artists, mainly Cold Storage who has done the majority of songs for them. Also bands like Orbital, Hellion, Crystal Method and The Prodigy. Not to mention years of playing Frequency and Amplitude. Some of the devs at Harmonix helped actually create some of the trance songs for the game as well as the artist Symbion Project and Robotkid who made some absolutely killer stuff.

Dubstep is part of the electronica genre, the biggest thing about it are the bass drops which is where the song goes from sounding calm to optimus prime cumming in your speakers.

Maybe it's because I've been getting crazy stoned lately but some of the darker and harder (lol) stuff sounds rad as HELL.

The guys in the mainstream like Skrillex and Deadmau5 kind of suck, and it seems like everyone with a computer thinks they're a record producer and have over 400 songs so its kind of hard to find the original stuff with some actual quality.

Then again maybe it just all sucks.

Last edited by ThrashO : Nov 21st, 2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: i told the truth