View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 04:49 PM       
There are two main problems with my printer (well, before its demise)...the HP software and the cats. I don't want to get into the complexities regarding windows upgrades and software updates and all that, but the fuckups were frequent and numerous. I've gone through stretches where I reinstalled drivers twice in one day. The damn thing would randomly drop one function...like the twain business with the scanner.

The second problem was the cats. I don't know what it is about the startup whirr of a print job that brings a cat running, but that's what happens. They would want to sit on the lid of the flatbed scanner and poke at the emerging paper, or stand in front of the tray and try to jam the paper back in where it came from. Naturally, that caused problems.

I still believe that with a little patience, the printer could have been limped through a little longer. I was angry about the sudden expense of a new printer, especially with a baby on the way any day now and all the stuff that has to be bought for her.