Thread: HEADLINE NEWS
View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 06:52 PM       
So birds are dying everywhere, officially. There's a bunch in Italy, now, and there's probably plenty of other cases in places where there've been unreported incidents. At least, I'd be willing to bet there are. So, without taking any effort to plot out a map or taking any effort to research and back up my points, I'd say it could be one of many reasons. Or a combination. There could be some mad scientist that decided to release a disease/toxin/whathaveyou into the air, letting the winds carry it along the jet stream and possibly even having it settle in the massive bodies of water where all these fish are dying off.

Of course, it could also be some superbug that's causing mass die-offs. Birds and fish are the weakest of the vertebrates, and I suspect that the CDC and EPA and a bunch of other three-letter organizations are dissecting and autopsying the fuck out of every one of these corpses, looking for all sorts of crazy known organisms, as well as contaminants and whatever - even though they've yet to announce anything. Or perhaps they have in the past hour or two and I don't know it yet. In any event, the absence of evidence is evidence in and off itself, no? That just opens up the possibility of it being something unknown.

So yeah, I pretty much just watched the Screwfly Solution.

Also, 15,000 lbs of beef fat escaped from a holding container and took a swim in the Houston Ship Channel. It looks totally gross.