View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 05:32 AM       
Aside from Chojin being a filthy, dirty liar with every breath he can muster, Wikipedia would probably let this one slide now because once something has enough notoriety and sources, it's usually no longer a problem. Given that virtually every site in existence has covered Abobo's Big Adventure in some shape or form over the past week, he'll be able to make an article with plenty of reference links.

Now to answer your questions for real:

Quote:
*The arcade cabinet shows the game supporting two players in youtube videos, but the finished product is single player outside of the 'fighting game' mode. Was this always intended to be exclusive to the arcade cabinet or was two-player planned at some point? And if so, why was it cut?
One level in the game has a hidden two-player mode. Also, if you beat the game, you unlock an alpha build of a two-player "Abobattle" mode that was never completed but is still playable.

Quote:
*Speaking of the arcade cabinet, has it been retired completely at this point?
No, definitely not.

Quote:
*One problem I ran into was the fact that while I could find names for two of the programmers, Pox's last name isn't as easy to find. Unfortunately I doubt I canreally get away with calling him just Pox after referring to another person by their nickname earlier in the article (Bane).
Pox goes by the name Pox. That's what he prefers. Bane was the same, and he didn't have anything to do with the Abobo game that was released. He an I just worked on the original version back in 2002, and I didn't like how the demo was turning out, because a lot of his code made the game stray too far from a genuine NES feeling.

Quote:
*How different was the version made with Bane from the completed title?
Extremely. The only real similarity is that you got to play as Abobo and I had planned to have him fight his way through various NES worlds, but it just wasn't working out the way I wanted.