View Single Post

FS is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 05:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perndog
On a related topic, FS, does this mean I don't have to force myself to struggle through the rest of Blood Omen 2 because the story doesn't make the game worth finishing?
Personally, I got so sick of how that game was out of tune with the rest of the series, I quit by the time I reached the first boss and just read a plot script on Gamefaqs.com. The story doesn't tell you that much new stuff, just a little more background info on the Hylden, the race that fought the vampires. I'm pretty sure whoever made Blood Omen 2 was just given a rought plot outline they had to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perndog
I didn't think the gameplay in Soul Reaver 2 was great shakes, either, but at least the plot was interesting enough to keep me going for the entire 8 hours or so that the game lasted.
I've always had some issues with the gameplay of Soul Reaver 1 and 2, but pushing the story along is motivation enough, yeah.

Quote:
I'm curious as to why things are still around. At the end of Legacy of Kane he whishes the world destroyed didn't he?
The word they used at the end of the first game was "damned." The whole world turned into a wasteland, but wasn't destroyed. In Soul Reaver 1 the world supposedly is on its way to destruction, but that has more to do with the overpopulation of vampires. Also, since Soul Reaver 2 they've been travelling back in time.

When the camera isn't bothering me I do enjoy Defiance, but occasionally during battles it drives me insane. Especially in tight corners I can't see what I'm doing. At one point as Kain I was facing a living statue, but the statue was behind the camera, which was looking at my front, so I couldn't see the enemy at all and had to wait for him to walk further into the room.

I'm in Vorador's mansion too, now, looking for spears. And I can't get over how stupid it is that Kain can't stand a little water. Rahab could, and unless he somehow also managed to surpass Kain in powers, Kain should have that power too.