View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 09:05 PM       
Wisconsin Death Trip.

If you're considering watching it, I'd advise against it. If you in any way tend toward depression or suicidal ideation, I'd really advise against it.

The title is sort of misleading. Going into it, we thought it was going to be some sort of based-on-a-true-story horror movie, or a history-channel style documentary. And hey, it was about Wisconsin, where 2/3 of the people in this household have spent large chunks of their lives.

Wrong. Wrong.

It is a slow, steady slog in black and white, with ominous music playing, account after account of grisly suicide after psychotic episode after child death after baby death after shots of bleak winter landscape. I mean, it actually wears you down to watch it. After about 10 minutes, you want to shoot yourself in the head. The music...dear god, the music.

I'm still completely confused as to what made them choose that title (for the book this is based on), because it implies something completely different. "Lighthearted" isn't the phrase I'm going for, but more in that direction.

Ugh, that music. It's going to give me nightmares.

Last edited by Kitsa : Apr 26th, 2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: slight clarification